Acupuncture treatments, like any medical procedure, can be time consuming. There are a few things that you can do in order to ensure you get the most out of your treatments. As always, some things will improve your treatment quality and get you results faster and some things will have a negative effect on your treatment.
For the best treatment result, keep a few things in mind:
- Make sure you arrive at your designated treatment time.
- Avoid eating large meals prior to your visit.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes.
- Refrain from overexertion, drugs, or alcohol for at least six hours after treatment.
- Follow your treatment plan between visits.
- Keep all of your appointments, as each visit builds upon the previous ones.
- Bring a list of any medications and supplements you are taking.
- Make a list of symptoms and any major life changes and provide it to your practitioner prior to your appointment.